One of the first and only specialist Formula One Travel Companies to be ATOL Protected, why risk booking elsewhere?
Exclusive GP has been serving VIP F1 Fans for many years and is now fully ATOL approved so anyone booking a flight based package with us is fully protected. ATOL protects you from losing money or being stranded abroad if the tour operator goes out of business. If a company with an ATOL goes out of business, the CAA will refund the people who have not traveled and arrange for people on holiday to fly home. We’ve created this factsheet to help you get a better understanding of ATOL protection together with the benefits of booking with a ATOL holding travel company such as Exclusive GP
Your Financial Protection
When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, whereyou can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong.”
We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the Services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.”
What does ATOL stand for?
Air Travel Organisers’ Licence (ATOL), which is managed and overseen by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).
Are Exclusive F1 ATOL holders?
Yes, our ATOL number is 10404. Exclusive F1 is an ATOL holder therefore your flight based package holiday is fully protected.
What are the benefits of booking with a ATOL protected travel company?
- Under the Package Travel Regulations, package holiday providers are responsible for all services facilities offered as part of the package holiday.
- If there is a problem with any of the suppliers involved in the package holiday the provider is• responsible for resolving the issue.
- If the package holiday provider goes out of business before you have travelled the CAA will give you a full refund of all money you have paid.
- If the package holiday provider goes out of business whilst you are holiday the CAA will arrange for you to complete your holiday and organise your flight home.
- If an airline fails and you have booked your package holiday with a tour operator, the tour operator will make alternative arrangements so customers can travel on holiday or get home.
Are all types of holidays protected under ATOL?
No, ATOL is only applicable to holidays and flights where the company providing your travel arrangements holds an ATOL. Some holidays, where the flight and accommodation are arranged or sold separately (“dynamically packaged”) may not be ATOL protected. Similarly where flights are booked direct with an airline they will not be ATOL protected if the airline should cease trading.
What is ATOL Protection?
- ATOL protection is scheme that protects consumers booking package holidays from losing their money or being stranded abroad.
- The CAA (Civil Aviation Authority) does this by carrying out financial checks on tour operators and travel organisers to ensure they are financially able to support the business they do.
- ATOL licensed companies pay a contribution of £2.50 per passenger to the Air Travel Trust Fund which is administered by the CAA so if a tour operator goes out of business, you will refunded and if you’re abroad they will arrange for you to finish your holiday and fly home.
Can I check if a travel company has ATOL protection?
Yes, you can check if the company holds an ATOL search here.
What should I ask to ensure my holiday is ATOL protected?
- Does the company with which I am booking my holiday stand behind the products it is selling (“act as a principal”) and will it be responsible for all parts of my holiday? • Is the whole holiday that is being booked ATOL protected and will I receive a full refund or be brought home if the holiday company fails?
- Do I have full rights as a consumer under the Package Travel Regulations if anything goes wrong before or during my holiday?
What type of bookings are covered under the ATOL protection scheme?
- Package Holidays including a flight & Flight only arrangements booked directly with a tour operator who hold an ATOL licence.
- Package Holidays & Flights booked through a travel agent with a tour operator holding an ATOL licence.
What type of bookings aren’t covered under the ATOL protection scheme?
- Flights booked directly with an airline.
- Flights booked directly with scheduled airlines and low cost airlines.
- Bookings where a travel company / travel agent book flights and accommodation from separate suppliers and create a package themselves (“dynamic packaging”).
Can I get written confirmation of a company’s ATOL protection?
Yes. When you make a booking the tour operator or travel agent should provide you with an ATOL receipt that gives the name and ATOL number of the licensed operator you are booked with.